- This event has passed.
AAA DIP Lead Instructor Certification/Recertification Course
March 5 @ 8:30 am - March 8 @ 5:00 pm$550.00
Those who score an overall grade of 88 percent or better in the basic instructor certification workshop and complete one year of teaching the program are eligible to enroll in a four-day Instructor Leader Certification workshop provided they have authorization from the sponsoring AAA club. This workshop prepares individuals to conduct the basic instructor certification workshop cooperatively with local AAA clubs. The classroom topics stress participant centered learning, vehicle dynamics, advanced driving techniques, problems associated with reduced visibility, and needs of mature drivers. These experiences are reinforced with up to six hours of in-car instruction on a closed driving range.
DIP Certification/Re-Certification Class Requirements:
- Must pass class with 70 or better
- No major infractions on driving record for 3 years
- Written approval from local AAA club prior to registering for the class
- Be a minimum of 21 years old
DIP Lead Certification/Re-Certification Class Requirements:
- Must teach DIP for one year
- Score 88 or better in the DIP class
- Written approval by the local AAA club prior to registering for the class
- No major infractions on driving record for the past 3 years
- Recertification is every 3 years